VISTA+ is a signature talent attraction and retention program under the workforce development initiative of the Research and Technology Park (RTPark), which is an independent affiliate of the University of the Virgin Islands. VISTA+ is an online database that connects tech talent within the Virgin Islands diaspora with opportunities to work in the Territory. The program’s goal is to build capacity for the growing tech hub in the U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI). VISTA+ hosts a platform that allows USVI companies looking for tech or STEM talent to post current job vacancies including full-time and part-time jobs, apprenticeships, and internships in one central, curated location. Concurrently, Virgin Islanders around the world who seek local jobs can register to access the platform, create a profile that showcases their skills and experiences, and apply for employment opportunities. The program aims to build a network within our tech ecosystem.
The VISTA+ Coordinator will report and provide direct support to the UVI RTPark Senior Manager of Business Intelligence and Marketing and is responsible for facilitating and coordinating a robust Virgin Islands STEM talent recruitment and retention strategy to populate the VISTA+ database with a particular focus on building relationships with various stakeholders to increase awareness of and support of the program. They will also support the day-to-day fiscal, administrative, and operational activities of the program.
The program coordinator must have the ability to multitask and manage several aspects of program planning, execution, and management. Working closely with the RTPark’s marketing team and Senior Manager of Business Intelligence and Marketing, the coordinator will be responsible for planning and executing events and activities related to candidate and company recruitment on the VISTA+ platform, in addition to maintaining program budgets, and managing communication with stakeholders who include the US Virgin Islands diaspora, as well as private, public, and civic sector organizations and agencies within the USVI.
- Schedule program work, oversee daily operations, coordinate the activities of the program, and set priorities for managing the program;
- Serve as a designated point person for all internal and external-facing communication regarding the program;
- Assist in outreach, recruitment, and screening for USVI candidates across the diaspora to access the platform;
- Develop effective working relationships with employers and maintain regular contact in order to monitor employment satisfaction;
- Identify, develop and maintain workforce development partnerships and network with other program coordinators;
- Perform outreach at job fairs, non-profit agencies, schools, and colleges;
- Promote job development through employers, career centers, and government employment agencies;
- Assist in developing program marketing materials including brochures and other methods to advertise the program;
- Monitor and administer program/project revenues and expenses; may develop or participate in the development of funding proposals for the program;
- Administrative tasks associated with program invoicing, letter preparation, contracts, and stakeholder correspondence;
- Maintain program/project records, researches information, and gathers and computes various data; prepares special and/or one-time reports, summaries;
- Create, maintain, and/or supervise an effective filing system to support program and client relations;
- May assist with grant and/or proposal writing as appropriate to the objectives and funding nature of the program;
- Participate in the continuous quality improvement and data-driven decision-making processes to assess the efficacy of programming and to drive programmatic refinements;
- May perform other specialized duties and activities of a programmatic nature in direct support of the accomplishment of program objectives and protocol.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple work tasks or projects.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a highly integrated and diverse team.
- Strong interpersonal skills in establishing successful working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form and make public presentations in small or large group settings.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of community groups and a strong ambition to connect with groups.
- Knowledge of postsecondary educational organizations.
- Knowledge of current labor and industry market trends.
- Possess an understanding of effective job posting strategies and resources;
- Knowledge of effective marketing techniques.
- Ability to problem solve and exercise good judgment with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Clerical and/or office skills.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Advanced writing and editorial skills.
- Great follow-up skills;
- Bachelor’s and/ or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Workforce, and or/Economic Development, Communication, Marketing, Education, Business Administration, or industry-related field. Experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
- Previous experience, training or knowledge about workforce development, candidate screening and project management preferred.
- Bilingual preferred